Pages

Nancy

Nancy

Welcome!

This is a place for fun (and money-saving) DIY project tutorials and tips for the home.



Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Ribbon Flower Bouquet


So for my wedding I was intent on making the beautiful 
Ribbon Bouquet I saw on the Martha Stewart website, 
but I found the tutorial not very helpful.

You will need:
3/4" Rick Rack in desired colors
5/8" ribbon in desired colors
artificial stamens
floral wire
floral tape
sewing needle
thread (I used nylon thread for durability)
For Ribbon Flowers: Used threaded needle to sew a running stitch along one of the edges of the ribbon for about 6 inches. Once you have the desired length, draw the thread like a drawstring to gather ribbon making the flower. Bring edges of ribbon together and sew. 
Fold a few stamens in half and insert them in the center of the flower.
For Rick Rack Flowers: Count 16 points along lower edge of rickrack;
snip with cut edges pointing upward. Sew running stitch through the points
along one edge. Gather rickrack onto needle as you sew.
When entire strip is gathered onto needle, hold tightly,
and pull the thread through firmly;
then stitch through the first fold and pull tight.
Fold a few stamens in half and insert them in the center of the flower.
Stems: Wrap some floral wire tightly around the stamens and then wrap some floral tape around the stem to reinforce. Gather all your flowers into a bouquet and wrap more floral tape around the entire bouquet stem. 
I didn't actually get to finish this bouquet since I ended up making another one out of burlap flowers to use at my wedding so I don't have a picture of the finished product. The following picture is the one from the Martha Stewart tutorial that inspired me to make this.

No comments:

Post a Comment